Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grandma's Wreath Redo into a Monogram Wreath by Amy & Chris

My grandparents sold their house, and now my grandma wants to get rid of all of her junk.  She had so many random things laying around. Of course I was convinced to take a trunk load of stuff home. Lol! She gave me a few wreaths that weren't my style, but I had a few ideas for them.  Take a look at the transformation:



I started by taking the flowers off.   Next, I gathered left over material I had laying around. Which included burlap, material, flowers, ribbon and styrofoam balls.



I cut the styrofoam balls in half, so I could make a half of a pom. Then I started to cut the material in small circles.



I folded the circles of fabric in half. Place a dab of glue in the middle and fold again. Then I glued the fabric to the styrofoam ball.




I then wrapped the burlap around the wreath and started hot gluing flowers I bought from Michaels. I also picked up a letter V that I wanted to incorporate into the wreath. I attached hooks to the back and then tied ribbon around the wreath.




Here is the final transformation! Total cost was $10!!


Thanks for stopping by: Amy & Chris

5 comments:

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)