Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Idea - Jute Wrapped Flower Pots

I saw this lovely jute wrapped pot from Peppermint Plum and thought that it would make a great Mother's Day gift for my mom. I thought I would use this as my "pinspiration" to take it one step further.


I purchased three pots from Michaels at approximately $1.25 each.  Then I purchased jute twine from Lowes for about $2.50 for 190 feet.  A much better deal than Amazon who wanted around $6 dollars for 200 feet.


 I used hot glue to attach the jute at the start and then I started to wind it around. It was a quick process.  It probably took 10 minutes total to complete all three pots.


I had bought some chalkboard labels from Michaels in the $1 section a few months back. I had used the planter labels as food labels at a baby shower. I decided to take three of them off the stakes and use them to write out my parent's street address number.  I then attached the numbers to the pots.  I was excited that I found another use for these, and for $.75 total you can't beat the price.



I purchased this terra cotta colored tray from Amazon for approximately $5. I found one at the Dollar Tree I liked but it only held two pots, and I needed room for three pots. I knew I could get the tray pretty fast through Prime two day shipping. It came in less than 24 hours after ordering it.  Sidenote: I think my UPS man either loves me for all the business or hates me because of our long driveway (which he insists on walking up every time). 

I spray painted the tray using black spray paint made especially for plastic that I already had out in the garage from Lowes.  After the tray was dry I brought it in the house to check it out with the pots. They fit perfectly.






Flower Pots (Michaels) $4.00
Jute Twine (Lowes) $2.50
Tray (Amazon) $5.00
Plants (Lowes) $12.00
Soil - had from previous project
Chalkboard Labels - had from previous project


Total Cost $23.50




I think my mom will love to have this as a part of their porch this spring and summer.  Thank you for stopping by to check out this project.


Megan

43 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!! Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your mom will be thrilled! ... Does she read your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! The tray really makes them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you on the link party at http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012/05/sunday-showcase-party-no-100.html. You were the link next to me. I love the concept of your blog and this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute!!! Have a great week! ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be making a trip to Lowe's. Thanks for the tip. Love how your flower pots turned.


    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom is going to love this gift! I mean, who doesn't love some jute wrapped things with chalkboard labels ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking up to Mauvin' Monday on VintageMauve.com

    Cheers,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable I idea! I love the number tags too, they give it that extra touch. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous gift for your mum!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking... it's super cute. What Mom wouldn't love it.. I know I would. So pretty and clever..

    Thanks for sharing...

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project - any mother would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea! I'm so happy Spring is back...finally. Thanks so much for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great gift idea! I really need to get my act together, I have not even given a thought to mother's day yet. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the jute - it looks perfect with the pink flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! I also have a plant influence in my mother's day gift for my mom. I haven't posted it yet because she's nosey. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute idea! Love giving plants as gifts on mothers day... Makes me wish I was closer to my mom this weekend. She is always in her garden. :)
    Thanks for linking up to our Sunday Round Up link party. Hope to see you again this weekend :)
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable! Your Mom will have the most stylish house numbers on the block :) Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These jute wrapped pots are so adorable!!! I'm definitely pinning this. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a Dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great twist on the pots - love the numbers. Thanks so much for sharing at our party this week - I'm sure your mom is going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the wrapping jute around the pots...what a nice, natural feel it gives to them. *runs to store looking for jute*

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and so easy! I love the number tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this idea. So simple and so thoughtful. I just found you through Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. I'm your latest follower and a fellow newbie! I love your blog! Hope you'll stop by my place sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this idea! So simple and so thoughtful! My mother would love this. I just found you through Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. I'm your latest follower and a fellow newbie. I'm really enjoying pokin' around to your posts. Hope you'll stop by my place sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I love it, I really do love doing different creative things to pots for the summer or inside! Fantastic idea! This is so cute, I will have to make myself some and to give to my 4 wonderful daughters and one fantastic son! Thanks so much! Julie(the letter 4's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty!! Thanks for linking it up to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these. I need to go get me some twine! Thanks for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ www.debbiedoescreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a great gift idea for Mother's Day. They look so cute! Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What's so great is the neutral tone of the twine with the color of the flowers and the numbered labels. Very appealing to the eye. I enjoyed seeing how you did this. I found this post at Hodgepodge Friday!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute! I love that you dismantled the chalkboard markers to suit your needs. They add the perfect pop of color to the jute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is great. I bring number of plants in for the winter had hate that the pots are all hodge-podgy. This is a great way to coordinate them. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The jute wrapped flower pots are so pretty! Featuring your post on my FB page today!

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for linking up this great project at my Unveil Your Genius link party! I hope you'll link up again soon! :)
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/05/unveil-your-genius-link-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just wanted to let you know I'm featuring this project at Take it on Tuesday this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)