Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy Toy Storage

Our daughter, Wynn, has discovered the land of the Disney Princesses, Hello Kitty and lots of other girl related goodies. She has collected quite a few dolls and stuffed animals recently, and I decided that she needed to have some new storage in her room.  


I had stumbled upon a pin on Pinterest suggesting that there were out of the box ways to organize toys.  The link sent me to a blog post by Attempting Aloha.  You can click on the link to check out the great ideas she shared on her blog.

I purchased a simple canvas shoe organizer off of Amazon. I know I could have searched for a deal somewhere, but I was anxious to get started and I couldn't resist the Prime shipping.  I wanted to just add a little detail to it, so I hot glued some ribbon to the top of each of the pockets, and then labeled some of the pockets.  I realize that Wynn does not read just yet, but I thought it looked cute if everyone had a home.

 Here is her new toy organizer next to her ribbon organizer. Can you sense that I like to be organized? The best part is that the ribbon organizer is pointless because she won't wear hair accessories.  


This project was done for approximately 15 dollars in about thirty minutes! I can't wait for Wynn to see it and find out if she likes it.

Thanks for stopping by!!


Megan

8 comments:

  1. I'm SO going to need this later with two girls and all the stuff there will someday be in our house. I wanted to let you guys know that I'm giving you all the Versatile Blogger(s) award. Your site has just the right mix of everything and it is just nice to look at. Please stop by and grab your award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'll have to see if I can make this work for a boy's room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you added the ribbon. It gives it a very custom look. What a great project and way to stay organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! We use this for barbie storage in our house!
    Thanks so much for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party. You are being featured tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea for toy storage!! Thank you so much for linking up last week! You've been featured! :) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great way to have her learn how to read. I don't know how old your daughter is, but you could have pictures of the toys and put labels under them. Then she can look at her picture/chart to see where each toy goes. Cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)