Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Updated Wall Decor with Fabric

I've had the same photo of a beach scene for a few years on our wall. It was nice but I decided I needed an updated look.  I had seen a few projects where people framed a nice piece of fabric for artwork. I went hunting for some fabric at Joann's, and I found a great remnant piece that would work with our colors.  


The fabric was only $1.99 for a half of a yard.  I thought this would make a great choice.
All I did was cut a piece of fabric that would fit in the frame, and then attach it with frog tape. I figured if I wanted to make a change down the road the tape would make it easier.  The frame I had gotten a few years ago at Michaels during one of their sales.

Since I only used a about a third of the fabric for this project it was under a $1.00 to complete. I am happy with the change, and it gives the wall a new look for not a lot of money.






Thanks for stopping by! 

Megan

11 comments:

  1. What a great piece of fabric. I love it framed. Maybe you should dust off your sewing machine and make a pillow with the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know how to turn it on..lol. I am going to try and find a manual for it online today.

      Delete
    2. or you could do that fun "pin" where you wrap the fabric around the pillow like a present and tie in a bow... then you don't even need to find your sewing machine manual :)

      Delete
    3. You are so right!! I'm going to have to try that way. :)

      Delete
  2. Fabric is such a pretty and inexpensive way to add some color. Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea; and love the fabric too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I actually did this once, but forgot about it. These link ups are great for reminding us of what we once knew.=)I was just thinking that I could use something more on my bedroom wall. I have bins of fabric...I'm sure I could find something that would work.=)
    Linking up from bloom designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a fabulous idea! I have some old fabric from clothes that have ripped that I am saving to do something like this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems so simple but I love the final result. Such impact. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, yet easy. Love it. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)