Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chai Tea Mix Gift

I've been trying to compile some easy and inexpensive gift ideas this year. I know someone that enjoys tea, so I thought I would create some Chai Tea Mix for them.  I have shared the recipe I used below. I picked up a cute little container that they can reuse after using the mix for three dollars at Marshalls.  Then I added a tag with instructions and a ribbon to give it a little holiday spirit.


Here is the chai tea recipe that I used to create the mix:

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non dairy creamer
2.5 cups of white sugar
1.5 cups of unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamom


Blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender to combine, and then serve by adding two tablespoons of the dry mix to a mug of hot water or milk.

Not bad for a four dollar gift! Thanks so much for stopping by.

Megan



Sharing at:

Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Tuesday
Uncommon Designs
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday

Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! I know plenty of people who would love to get this gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Megan! Think I may try this ( if I can find the time - I'm so behind the 8 ball this year it's ridiculous lol )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift. I love it. It looks so chic in that little jar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo...I love it! I am sharing this on Facebook tomorrow...Must Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...Thank you for the wonderful gift idea!
    It's off to the store this morning for all the yummy ingredients!
    Merry Christmas!
    Carolynn
    I am, happily your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift! I adore Chai Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love this idea. I had a recipe for "Russian Tea" made from Tang that you could give like this, but I much prefer Chai, and it's something I'd use myself. Thanks for the recipe/idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I had to pin. I'd like to gift this to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by. :)
    I made some chai tea very similar to this just a few weeks ago and it is yummy!
    Love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great gift!! Love chai tea. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)