Friday, December 7, 2012

Soft and Chewy Peppermint Cookies


I had recently tried out a soft and chewy cookie recipe and decided to add my own twist to it.  Instead of chocolate chips I chose to use peppermint M&M's.  Here is the delicious recipe:

Chewy Peppermint Cookies

Ingredients: 
1 cup of shortening
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp of hot water
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of flour
1 bag of peppermint M&M's or any type of your favorite candy 

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  In a mixer combine shortening and sugars. Next dissolve baking soda in hot water and mix in. Then add two eggs and mix until well combined.  Next add vanilla, salt, and flour. Once these ingredients are well mixed then add the M&M's to the mixer. Roll into balls, and then cook in the oven for approximately 11-13 minutes.  Let cool on cookie sheet and then a wire rack.  Enjoy!


Sharing at:

Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Tuesday
Uncommon Designs
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday

Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday

Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 


14 comments:

  1. Those look delicious. I wish I could come over and have a few. I love mint added to just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! And have you tried the peppermint ice cream at Hoffman's? Mmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make our first batch of cookies with Nick this year! These look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look fantastic. The use of peppermint m&m's? Brilliant! :)
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhm, so wonderful ideas for the recipe!!! I have to try this. Sorry I forgot to leave a comment at your last post, I really love your mantel decor! It does looks like a Winther wonderland. Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound wonderful! I absolutely love peppermint. I had no idea that there were peppermint M&Ms, either! I must find some and try these. I love Pinterest, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing! I hope you'll share them at our Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap going on now through next Tuesday: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/12/holiday-cookie-recipe-swap-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this yummy sounding recipe! I just printed it out, and if I can find the peppermint M & M's in the grocery story where I live (New Brunswick, Canada), I'm going to makde some of these. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm thinkin peanut butter m&ms in these, yes?

    if you haven't already, we would love to have you stop by the blog for our giveaway!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so tasty! Yummers☺ You make Whimsy Wednesday look so good!

    Thanks for joining us,
    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sooo going to try these!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I commented on this on FB but OMG this looks soo yummy!

    Thanks so much for linking up at last week's Humble Brag. This week, The Better Half, along with a bunch of other awesome bloggers are hosting a link party to support the Sandy Hook area - $1 will be donated for every project linked up. Its up and running now. Hope to see you there!

    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/special-link-party-supporting-sandy-hook/

    Last week's features will be posted Friday morning along with the ad space winner.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)