This project has been on our to do list for a while. Rob was able to complete it this weekend, and we are thrilled with the outcome.
We had some mahogany boards that were leftover from a project at my parent's home. The sentimental part is that they just sold their home two weeks ago, and now we have a piece of it with us always.
He used a biscuit joiner to put together a few pieces of the wood. Then he used a good old fashioned planer to get the boards even and smooth. When all of the boards were attached he used his router to create a decorative edge around the growth chart. He then stained it with some left over gray stain from another project. I took this picture outside so you could see the wood a little better with the stain.
I purchased some vinyl growth chart stickers off the site Sassy Steals on morning for only $3. I had a credit which made it 50% off the already great price. It was a lot less expensive then I would have been able to do on my Silhouette, and a lot less time consuming. I just found a similar product on another daily deal site this morning. The site is called Jane and it has great daily deals too.
Now it is hanging up in the boys room ready for us to record their growth. Rob started the chart a few inches below their birth weight. He hopes they surpass the 6'5" mark one day though.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed our newest project.
a craft room dream come true
2 hours ago