Sunday, November 16, 2014

Burlap Holiday Wreath

HomeGoods recently opened up in our town and it was a big deal. Generally we have to drive about a half an hour or so to the closest one. I know that does not seem like a lot of time, but it will be nice to have one about five minutes away. I am not sure my wallet will believe that though.  To be honest the only item I purchased was a wooden deer head for $7.  I was not quite sure what I was going to do with it, but I decided it would be incorporated into my holiday mantel.

I have often admired Laura from Top This Top That's beautiful wreaths. Following her amazing tutorial I created this wreath. I am not including the step by step instructions here, so click on the link I just shared for the tips you'll need to create your own.

I used some leftover chevron burlap (4 yards) and approximately 16 yards of plain burlap to create a beautiful wreath.  I used an 18" wire form to make this particular wreath.   The chevron burlap is from Hobby Lobby, and the other materials are from Michaels.


I hung the deer head from the buralp string it came with to attach to the wire frame. This will be headed to my fireplace mantel along with a few other items.

Rob was making a beautiful set of stocking holders today when he unfortunately cut his fingers with his biscuit joiner.  Fortunately, we live close to the hospital and was stitched up quickly.  I told Rob that it may be easier to just purchase the stocking holders I originally shared with him as inspiration.  Thank goodness for great medical attention.  Thanks for stopping by.  

11 comments:

  1. Oh that wreath is gorgeous with the wood deer head. So sorry to hear about the finger incident, I think about that every day but thankfully no stitches - yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how it turned out! The deer head goes so well with the burlap. Can't wait to see it on your mantel! Ouch, I'm so sorry about Rob's incident. I'm always a bit scare when using power tools, but yeah, accidents happen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Rob's fingers, Ouch! This really is so pretty! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. The wreath turned out amazing. I love the addition of chevron.

    So sorry to hear about Rob's finger. He is a man who is committed. You know, you can't truly be a craftsman without at least one major injury :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan I love your holiday wreath!! It seems like there has to be some sort of injury every so often when we drag out the power tools. Pinning!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath Megan and I have watched that tutorial more than once at Lauras blog. Maybe now I'll actually give it a try and hope my results are half as good as yours! Wish we had a Home Goods...ours is 2 hours away. Sorry about Robs finger, but how wonderful of him to make something you saw as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! We would love for you to share this at the Caffeinated Crafters Link Party here:http://artzycreations.com/25-caffeinated-crafters-link-party/ Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing! I also wanted to give you a heads up that tonight, Saturday night, at 8PM, there's an all new linky party in town called Found & Foraged. We debuted last week and would love for you to join in the fun! You can find us at http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)