Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reindeer Ornament - Baby Food Pouch Lid Craft

I am back yet again with another idea for how to use the tops of baby food pouches. The boys have not eaten baby food in a while, but I still have quite the collection of tops.  

These ornaments are easy to put together and are definitely kid friendly. I used felt, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, food pouch tops, and craft glue. I cut out some light bulb shaped felt pieces.  Then Wynn wrapped the pipe cleaners around a pencil to make them resemble antlers.  We used the craft glue to attach the antlers to the backside of the felt piece, and then glued the second felt piece behind it.  Then we glued the eyes and nose as well. I ended up adding loops of ribbon at the top as well in order to hang them.

You could also use hot glue or any other type of adhesive. Since I was working with a four year old it made sense to use craft glue with her. You could also use these as present toppers as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.   It is a tough day in our house. We lost our first family pet yesterday. Our Lance was nine years old, and a sweet & gentle giant.  He will be missed by us all.  

5 comments:

  1. Love this project, Megan! It's so cute and easy to put together. Just this past weekend I was working on a reindeer project myself. Hmmm, got a great tip from Wynn on how to make those antlers look that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Megan! Great use for those tops. I'm so sorry to hear about Lance. Our pets are such important members of our families and it's so hard when we lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the baby food industry needs to start paying you for all this free marketing! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable reindeer. Great re-purpose of things I am sure you have plenty of on hand :) And, I love that you still make crafting with Wynn a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these, I plan on making some with the kids, very clever and thrifty craft.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)